I don’t know if you’ve had the chance to check out any of the news that came out of Image Expo this year, but there are definitely some books to keep an eye out for over the next year. I for one am very excited for all of them, but there are a couple that stand out as titles that I will absolutely need to pick up.
Specifically, I am most excited for this small list:
- Winnebago Graveyard – Alison Sampson & Steve Niles
- Lake of Fire – Nathan Fairbairn & Matt Smith
- the Divided States of Hysteria – Howard Chaykin, Aburtov, Ken Bruzenak
- Surgeon X – Sarah Kenny & Karen Berger
- Kill or Be Killed – Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips & Elizabeth Breitweiser
- the Black Monday Murders – Jonathan Hickman
- Moonshine – Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso
- Motor Crush – Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Steward, Babbs Tarr (aka, batgirl superteam)
It should also be noted that at the expo Image also brought into light that they are launching a program called “Creators for Creators” which offers funding and advice from the pros. Added benefits include legal advice as well. Image and Iron Circus may even use the program as a platform to offer publishing deals as well. Keep an eye on CreatorsForCreators.org
Also, just as a heads up, Image is running a sale on hundreds of first issues for only .99 each on their website.